Night Guards in York Harbor, ME
If you can answer “yes,” to one or more of the following questions, it’s recommended that you visit a dentist near you, such as the team at York Dental Group, for bruxism treatment with night guards in York Harbor ME.
- Do you experience discomfort in your mouth, including limited ability to open your mouth fully?
- Do you experience pain in your head and facial area, including sensitivity on your scalp and shooting pain in the back of your head?
- Do you experience sensitivity to sunlight or a general pain behind your eyes?
- Do you experience vertigo or dizziness?
- Do you experience ear pain, clogged ears, or itchy ears?
- Do you experience pain in your cheek muscles or hear a popping noise when you open your jaw joints?
- Do you experience numbness in the neck, shoulder, backaches, or arm and finger?
- Do you experience frequent coughing, swallowing difficulties, or a sore throat with no infection?
While the above symptoms of bruxism, more commonly known as teeth grinding, can also be linked to other conditions, they serve as a foundation to explore whether custom night guards can relieve these symptoms.
Additionally, night guards may be an effective treatment protocol for sleep apnea. Suppose a sleeping partner has told you that you snore or seem to stop breathing while sleeping. In that case, our dentist near you in York Harbor ME can use oral appliance therapy to treat these conditions without using a CPAP machine (which can be cumbersome and challenging to travel with).
Professional Night Guards are the Best Night Guards
You may be tempted to try over-the-counter (OTC) night guards to relieve the symptoms we’ve highlighted above. It’s important to point out that when you purchase an OTC night guard, you are not benefiting from a professional dental exam & cleaning, and diagnosis to treat your concerns, which could lead to more costly dental and medical concerns.
Learn More Today
Our dentist in York Harbor, ME, has the experience, skill, and technology to diagnose and treat your symptoms with the best professional night guard near you without you having to wonder if the OTC product you purchased is effective. We invite you to make an appointment with York Dental Group for night guards near you.