Partials and Dentures in York Harbor, ME
Experiencing discomfort and embarrassment due to missing teeth? Make an appointment at York Dental Group for a detailed dental exam at the earliest.
We may lose teeth due to several reasons. For instance, you may lose teeth due to:
- Decay or infection where the tooth may have to be extracted
- Fractures, damage or trauma
- Certain types of medication
- Age-related factors
- Some teeth may loosen up and fall out due to poor gum tissue support
- Periodontal or gum disease
However, there’s no reason to be obliged to struggle with chewing, biting, speaking, or even smiling due to your missing teeth. Dentures can be fabricated to closely resemble your natural teeth, and they improve your face and smile as well.
Feel free to come in for a thorough evaluation, and we will offer a wide range of restorations based on your needs, inclination, and budget.
Fast Facts About Partials and Dentures
If you’re considering getting partials or dentures to replace missing teeth, you may want to know more about what they are and how they work.
- Complete dentures are ideal for replacing all your missing teeth and come as a full set
- Partials may be fabricated to replace a few missing teeth and are ideal for patients who still have natural teeth
- Immediate dentures can be provided in the aftermath of extraction and help shape the gum tissue as it heals
- Conventional dentures are fabricated after gum tissue heals and may take a few weeks to prepare
York Dental Group Explains How to Care for Your Dentures With proper care, dentures can last for a long time.
- Rinse the partial or denture to dislodge any food particles or debris before brushing
- Use a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft-bristled brush to gently brush the surfaces of the denture without scratching it
- Once you remove the dentures or partials, clean your gums, tongue, cheeks, and mouth thoroughly to minimize the chances of bad breath and plaque
Call or email York Dental Group in York Harbor, ME for our exceptional range of dental restoration options, preventive dentistry, and cosmetic dental care.